Welcome to the School of Medicine!
The School of Medicine at Università del Piemonte Orientale coordinates the entire educational range of activities in the medical, healthcare and biotechnology fields.
Our courses are designed to satisfy the needs of those intending to launch a professional career in the medical health fields and biomedical research.
The structures operating specifically in research activity are the Department of Health Sciences, and the Department of Translational Medicine.
Teaching activity takes place at the Perrone university campus and the Salesian Institute at Novara.
The range of courses consists of:
- single-cycle Master’s degree in Medicine and Surgery
- Master’s degree in Nursing and Obstetrics
- English language Master’s degree in Medical Biotecnologies
- Eight Bachelor’s degrees (3-year), some of which are held in different cities in Piedmont (Alessandria, Biella, Fossano, Verbania and Vercelli).
Also the post-graduate range is comprehensive, consisting of:
- Post-graduate specialisation schools in various fields: Anatomical Pathology, Anaesthetics, Resuscitation, Intensive Care and Pain Management, General Surgery, Maxillo-facial Surgery, Endocrinology and metabolic diseases, Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Hygiene and Preventive Medicine, Cardiovascular Diseases, Emergency Medicine, Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Orthopaedics and traumatology, Ear/Nose/Throat Medicine, Pediatriacs, Psychiatry, Radio diagnostics, Radiotherapy
- Master’s degrees of 1st and 2nd level
- Research PhD in Medical Biotechnology and Science
- Professional updating/refresh courses.
There is an important partnership with the University Hospital “Maggiore della Carità” of Novara for many of the courses and the postgrad specialisation schools.
Both for research activity and teaching, we are placed at the top of national rankings: in the national Progress Test our students resulted as among the best in Italy; over 80% graduate according to schedule, and more than 90% find a job within one year of graduating.
The high level of research activity is confirmed also by the numerous publications in leading international journals, the funding received from public and private organisations, and from the patents deposited.
Conferences, congresses and seminars, attended by leading researchers, complete the structure of a particularly fervent research environment which places the School of Medicine in the ring of top international research organisations.
You can consult the University Strategic Plan for 3-year period 2016-2018 .
- education: a high-quality and wide range of courses
- personal attention: a low teacher/student ratio, to allow a student-friendly experience
- services: laboratories and equipment for cutting edge teaching, library and study rooms
- internationalisation: Erasmus agreements and the chance to enjoy experiences abroad, also as a Free Mover
- research: a research environment in constant growth, a fertile area for young researchers
- employment: the education and training of students is designed to assist them when entering the job market.