Degree in Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences
Course Type Bachelor’s degree
Academic year 2022/2023
- Membership structure
- Scuola di Medicina
Degree programmes in Health Professions (L-SNT/3)
Degree Council Chair: Prof. Pierfrancesco Franco
The first appointment of the academic year dedicated to you, new student, is "Welcome, Freshers!".
These welcome days are useful for finding your way around and getting to know Department professors and staff, for introducing subjects and for receiving information on course organisation.
A direct look at the practical aspects of university life: from lesson times to the services that the University offers.
Guidelines for compulsory health visit:
All newly-enrolled students in the degree course in Dental Hygiene are obliged, under penalty of forfeiture, to undergo assessment of psychophysical suitability for the activities of the professionalising internship.
These assessments will be carried out at the S.S.D. Occupational Medicine of the A.O.U. Maggiore della Carità di Novara. Below is the procedure for booking:
- Path to reach S.S.D. Occupational Medicine
The duration of the degree course in Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences is 3 years. The teaching activities are divided into 180 total credits, of which at least 60 are acquired in training activities aimed at developing specific professional skills.
The Degree Course aims to provide the student with the essential knowledge and skills to perform the functions required by the specific professional profile of Health Technician of Medical Radiology.
Over the years, this professional figure has undergone significant transformations related to technological and scientific development and the introduction of new organisational models, so some changes have been made to the training path, in particular:
- more precisely identified curricular organisers inspired by the core curriculum and core competence, in compliance with the Ministerial Decrees 270/04, 386/07 and the Interministerial Decree 19/02/09
- updated and aligned training objectives according to European directives
- reorganised teaching to reduce excessive fragmentation and improve integration
- redistribution, over the three years, of the credits assigned to the internship and professional workshops, in order to give greater importance to professional skills.
The course is state-regulated and so has restricted admission numbers. Requisites for this degree programme are high school diploma and the passing of an admissions test.
To contact the admin offices, use the UPO Risponde service.
Last modified 28 March 2023